Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe activities. Nevertheless employees also have a vital part to play in the equation. They need the right knowledge and the right attitude which demands proper training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks
|Duration||Assessment||Ofqual Accredited||Ofqual qualification reference||Prerequisite|
|One Day||Multiple Choice||Yes||500/3746/81||CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace|
Aim of Qualification
This qualification provides a thorough understanding of health and safety emphasising the importance of monitoring staff and controls. It also details the need for a structured management approach to health and safety and the key factors in implementing health and safety policy.
Keeping staff fully trained can help reduce insurance premiums
Who needs this qualification?
Everyone working in a supervisory position.
Why is this training important?
Accidents and illness can result in disability, death or incapacity for work. The supervisor is in an ideal position to influence, monitor and train employees. They can also ensure that managers are informed, persuaded, encouraged or pressured into providing for better health and safety standards
Basic knowledge of health and safety issues such as the CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace qualification or equivalent.
This qualification can be tailored to business and individual needs to make the learning experience relevant and fit for purpose.
- Duration: Three-day programme
- Assessment: Multiple choice examination
- Ofqual Accredited: Yes
- Ofqual qualification reference: 500/3746/8
- Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of health and safety issues such as the CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace qualification or equivalent.
Benefits of keeping staff trained and using acredited qualifications
- Minimize risk of litigation
- Decrease lost working days
- Reduce insurance premiums
- Improve employee retention
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main concepts of health and safety
- Show awareness of the benefits of health and safety culture
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of individuals, supervisors and management in health and safety
- Demonstrate an understanding of health and safety control and improvement strategies available to supervisors.