- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail
|Duration||Assessment||Ofqual Accredited||Ofqual qualification reference||Prerequisite|
|One Day||Multiple Choice||Yes||See facts below||None|
Aim of Qualification
These qualifications have been developed to address the growing need to make learning more relevant to specific business environments and meet the National Occupational Standards. The CIEH Level 2 Awards in Food Safety provide a flexible syllabus which enables training to be tailored to meet specific needs.
Keeping staff fully trained can help decrease lost working days
Who needs this qualification?
Anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled.
Typical Environments include:
- pubs, hotels, restaurants;
- supermarkets and retail environments;
- food and drink manufacturers;
- care homes;
Why is this training important?
Everyone who works with food has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensure that the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
There are no prerequisites required for this course
Refreshment of this qualification is recommended at least every three years.
- Duration: 1 day training programme
- Assessment: Multiple choice examination
- Ofqual Accredited:Yes
- Ofqual qualification reference:
- Catering - 500/5476/4
- Retail - 500/5319/X
- Manufacturing - 500/5091/6
Benefits of keeping staff trained and using acredited qualifications
- minimize risk of litigation
- decrease lost working days
- reduce insurance premiums
- improve employee retention
- Firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved;
- Understanding of how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling);
- Confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers.