Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe activities. Nevertheless employees also have a vital part to play in the equation. They need the right knowledge and the right attitude which demands proper training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks
|Duration||Assessment||Ofqual Accredited||Ofqual qualification reference||Prerequisite|
|One Day||Multiple Choice||No||None||None|
Aim of Qualification
Designed to make candidates aware of the key health and safety issues and the part that they should play in keeping themselves and others free from harm in the workplace
Keeping staff fully trained can help improve employee retention
Who needs this qualification?
Everyone entering the workplace for the first time – either as part of a work experience programme or at the start of employment – and those starting a new job, as part of their induction programme
Why is this training important?
It is a legal requirement for employers to provide health and safety training to employees. The CIEH Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace provides a starting point from which more detailed health and safety training (e.g. Level 2) or job-specific training can follow.
There are no prerequisites required for this course
This qualification can be tailored to business and individual needs to make the learning experience relevant and fit for purpose.
- Duration: half-day training programme
- Assessment: Multiple choice examination
- Ofqual Accredited: No
- Prerequisite: None
- Suggested Progression: Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
Benefits of keeping staff trained and using acredited qualifications
- minimize risk of litigation
- decrease lost working days
- reduce insurance premiums
- improve employee retention
- Understand the importance of health and safety in the workplace
- Identify the hazards and risks related to the workplace.
- Understand workplace health and safety procedures